Dear Kula Friends - It’s Tommy Funderburk here, from King of Hearts.
I’m writing to you from Los Angeles, California where CJ Vanston and I are finishing vocals, adding a few more keyboard parts and continuing to mix songs for this amazing album.
As I have mentioned before, the tracking dates at Addiction Sound Studios in Nashville turned out even better than expected. We had great expectations going into the sessions but sometimes, if you are lucky, magic really does happen when you put the right musicians together in the right setting and I’m happy to say “we captured lightning in a bottle!”
(Regular T-shirt one sided)
Our joy was short lived however, as my founding partner and lead guitarist, Bruce Gaitsch suffered a sever stroke and is now unable to finish the record with us. The response to Bruce’s condition from the music community has been overwhelming and many of our musician friends have offered to jump in to help.
However, the result of Bruce’s condition means that we will now need to incur extra recording costs we originally did not have to bear.
Your support has been remarkable to date and we appreciate Peter’s offer to reach out to the Kula community one more time.
For those of you who are new to Kula and those who are now old friends who’ve already partnered with us, here is where we are to date:
What We Have Accomplished To Date:
• Recorded all basic tracks at Addiction Sound Studios, Nashville
• Finished 5 out of 10 lead vocals
• Completed 50% of background and harmony vocals
• Completed majority of recording lead guitar parts from Bruce Gaitsch
• Competed majority of keyboard overdubs from CJ Vanston
• Completed background vocals on various tracks from Janey Clewer (Richard Marx, Peter Cetera) and Chris Rodriguez (Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald)
• Current Eagles (and original King Of Hearts member) Timothy B Schmit has finishing adding his iconic voice to two songs – “Rose Maria” and “Giving Up Easy”
• Founding member and lead singer of rock legend, Chicago, Peter Cetera brought his instantly recognizable voice to our potential first single, “California"
• Currently 50% of mixing album
Why We Need To Raise Additional Money?
• We estimate an additional 20 days of studio time (recording and mixing) to complete the album
• We have commitments for some “very special guest musicians” to help finish the guitar parts: Phil Collen lead guitarist and vocalist for DEF LEPPARD is scheduled to record with us on May 1. Phil has nearly 3 million followers on Facebook, over 1 million fan emails and Phil will actively promote King Of Hearts to the Def Leppard community!
• Steve Lukather – One of the world’s greatest guitarist and founding member of the band Toto will join us in the studio and promote us to Toto Fans around the world.
We can’t thank you enough for your support of King Of Hearts and the incredible outpouring of love regarding Bruce’s tragedy. We know we are changing the world in the way records are made and your support of this creative venture shows that you can and will change the way business is done.
Respect and Love,
Tommy Funderburk and King Of Hearts